Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Choices We Make...

Have you ever noticed that this weight loss journey can be a two step forward, and a one step back kind of deal? You'll score a good week, feel like you are doing great, and then comes a little slip up. A night out. A lunchtime celebration. A slice of pizza that turns into a half a pie. Sometimes I go through days where I feel like a rock star, and other times, I feel like this weight is never going to come off.

But there is something we all need to understand: FALLING IS NOT FAILING!

GIVING IN IS NOT GIVING UP!
It is such a hard game. One minute you feel like you've got a handle on things. You might even feel like it is so easy. The next minute you find yourself struggling, hungry for something you know won't fill you up, won't make you happy.
This is a game of chance, not a game of luck. The setbacks are just us, doing in our hearts what we know is not right. We can make excuses. I used to see skinny people and think how lucky they were to not struggle with their weight. But, it's the choices they make verses the choices I make.
We either choose to do it, or not. Even though it sometimes doesn't feel like a choice, it most definitely is. The rules are so simple: get the eating under control, and work a little exercise into your day. Make good choices most days, and the best ones available to you on the other days.
It's not easy, and it's not a game. It's your life and a roll of the dice isn't what gets you moving. It's just you!
BTW, a new challenge on Healthy Wife Happy Life starts Monday. I highly recommend it to all those looking for a strong support group. I have to tell you, I am so excited to meet some of these fantastic women. A few of them are coming into town in a couple weeks, and we are all getting together. These women have changed my life in more ways than I can even express in writing. If you are interested in joining this fantastic group, check this blog out:

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great post! I gave you a shout out on Facebook.

    I feel the same way all the time... you should see what a little piggy I can be when I go out to eat :) I have a huge weakness for Mexican food... But I don't give up, just roll out of bed and keep going the next day!

    ReplyDelete