Thursday, April 1, 2010

Comfort Food at a Low Calorie Cost


I am a comfort eater. If it involves comfort food, it also involves comfort eating. I'm working on that. In the meantime, I love Lasagna. But, I don't like the time it takes to make it and my kids don't usually like it. It's the texture thing. Brooke, especially, doesn't like chuncks mixed in with her noodles. I always try to hide vegetables in the lasagna, because they aren't good at eating those things either. Through all my efforts, I'm always caught, and the Lasagna gets an "Ewwwwwwwwww.... (and on and on)" vote. I'm excited to say I tried this recipie and it was a hit. Most comfort foods involve an uncomfortable amount of calories. Not this pretty one. This might be a regular in our house.


1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a hit! Robert makes Ragu sauce from scratch...it had carrots and celery that are ground up in the food processor. It might be a good way to sneak those veggies in. I can't even tell they're in there!

    ReplyDelete