Saturday, April 17, 2010

Here is a great weightwatchers recipe for Veggie soup. I love it because at the begining of the week I make a big pot of it and it is a quick, easy, yummy and filling way to get my veggies in. It is also easy to grab and go for those days I don't have time to make a lunch.
It is so easy to make quick modifications and gives me tons of variety so I don't feel like I'm eating the same boring thing all week. A couple of my favorite additions are black beans and corn or cooked ground beef and shell noodles.

Vegetable soup
2/3 C sliced carrots
1/2 C diced onion
2 minced garlic cloves
3 C fat-free broth (chicken, beef, or veggie)
1 1/2 C diced green cabbage
1/2 C green beans
1 TBSP tomato paste
1/2 t dried basil
1/4 t dried oregano
1/4 t salt
1/2 C diced zucchini
Saute carrot, onion and garlic in a large sauce pan with cooking spray until soft. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes, stir in zucchini for last 3-4 minutes.


I love to load it up with other veggies including broccoli, cauliflower, spinach (add as you are reheating for individual servings), and peppers.

Give it a try and let me know what yummy modifications you come up with.

1 comment: