Sunday, April 11, 2010

Here We Go Again.....

If I could figure out the weekend anxiety, I would be doing so great. I do amazing all week long. I get one to two workouts in a day, I keep close track of my calories, and I always drink all my water. For some reason when the weekend hits, it brings on the anxiety of food choices I'm going to have to make. Temptations I'm going to have to overcome. Being out of my controlled house, where I can control what my meals and snacks are going to be. Sometimes I just give in, so I don't have to feel the emotions. Who am I kidding. Lets be real here. Most of the time I give in so I don't have to feel the emotions. What's the result? I spend the rest of the next week making up for the choices I've made. Did you know that one day of overeating can make you not loose weight. ONE DAY! That's insane, but I get it. I'm at a "plateau". I've been sitting in the same spot for a couple weeks now. But, it's my own fault. I wouldn't plateau if I'd work through the emotions, get over the anxiety, and make the best choices I can when I am out of my own environment. If you haven't guessed yet, yes I am beating myself up for the choices I made this weekend. I'm trying to just be where I am at with that emotion, try to not shove it in a closet, get over it, and move on. So what is on the agenda for tomorrow? I am going to get up, make a healthy breakfast. I'm going to exercise. I'm going to feel good about myself. I'm not going to let this weekend get me down. I'm going to get over it and move on. I'm going to calm myself down, and assure myself that I can get over this anxiety eating because I am strong. Because I don't want to continue to live this way. If this post is something you are struggling with, than do the same thing with me. Get up tomorrow, and don't dwell on our mistakes. Get up tomorrow and start again. Don't quit because of a weekend of bad choices. You have never failed unless you completely give up. One a side note, is there anyone out there who is computer savvy? (Summer) I am trying to figure out how to post a link on the side bar of recipes you post on this blog. So if you want to try a new recipe you don't have to search through all the posts to find the recipe. Does that make any sense. Any of you who are authors and want to take a shot at this, please do (Summer). I only know Summer's computer skills so if you are good at figuring things out please feel free to take a shot at it.

4 comments:

  1. Don't let the man get ya down! I thought that I have been doing really well and I have still hit a plateau as well. Dr. Smith says you need to "jumpstart" your metabolism again because your body can start getting comfortable with your routine....and equalize. Anywho, Suggestion: mix up your diet.....do a day of a "cleanse" where you live on raw fruits and veges....yogurt is good.....and LOTS OF LEMON WATER. It can help shock your system into moving. Also, have you added fiber? Get some of that Psyllium Husk and add a TB or two to a shake....bowl of yogurt...whatever....and THAT will also help things "move". Hee hee. After our chat...I have been doing some research and this is what I have come up with! Good LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I totally know what you mean! Fridays are my bad days. I always order pizza for the kids and it is a major temptation for me. I should just not order the pizza, but for some reason I can't. I think it is because I really want to eat it. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, I know exactly what you are going through. In 2007 I lost 45lbs and until I hit a plateau for like a year!! Finally in late 2008 I hired a personal trainer and finally lost the last 15lbs. Then in 2009 I studied for my boards and gained 23 pounds back. Now I am back on the journey and have lost 10 pounds. But once again, I am stuck! I can't lose the last 10 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing that my old trainer suggested is start doing exercises that you have never done before. You body has gotten use to the exercises you have been doing. It will shock your body and help you over come the plateau. Also, I have to eat out a lot for my work. I have started looking at the calorie content before I go. Make sure you have a plan. It is funny how knowing the calories before you eat can make things less appetizing. I try to always know what I can and can't eat. Also, try to get support from your family and friends. Darin will sometimes split a meal with me at places that are too high in calories. I hope this helps you. Stop beating yourself up! You are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete