Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rain or Snow

I just have to share a little experience last night and encourage you to get your exercise in. As I've said many times before, my mom is my running partner and I would definitely label her as the Fitness Freak. Rain or Snow, she is at my door at 6:15 every Tuesday and Thursday for our run. When we first started doing this, I would call her to give the weather report and see if she really wanted to run. Really, in my mind, I was looking for an excuse not to go. In the beginning, running was still really hard for me. Her reply was always, "As long as it isn't icy on the road, it doesn't bother me." So, I knew last night wouldn't be different. The rain was pouring and my mom shows up, right on time, ready for our run. At first I thought she was crazy, but I think my new favorite run is in the rain. There is something so magical about it. Is it the rain, or is it the bonding time I get to spend with my mom? Thank goodness for her fitness commitment or I wouldn't be as far with my fitness goals as I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE running in the rain. It's the best time in the whole world. (aside from holding a sleeping baby in your arms) I love the serenity. BLISS!!

    ReplyDelete