Thursday, March 25, 2010

I know most of you know me, but I thought I'd give a little background of myself so you can understand where I'm at. I've always been an emotional eater, but I didn't get out of control until I had my first daughter in 2004. Since then it seems to be a big roller coaster. With each kid the emotions become more intense and the eating comes with it. It's a quick and easy fix to get rid of the emotions I'm feeling. But, I know it is not the answer. It only causes more problems. In 2007, I went on a crash diet. I lost 55 pounds fast, like three months. It was exciting, but as soon as I came off the diet, I panicked. I was on such a strict diet that when I was done loosing the weight I had no idea how to eat properly. So I went right back to my old eating habits. I ended up gaining all 55 pounds back as well as 30 more pounds to top it off. OUCH!! I keep waiting for the emotional eating desire to go away so loosing weight might be a little easier. I've come to realize it's not going to go away. I need to figure out how to deal with it. So here I am, learning to cope with it, and trying to teach myself not to eat for comfort. I'm about half way done with my weight lose goal, 40 more pounds to go. A few things have changed this time around. I wake up early, and I exercise, no matter what the night has been like. I've been going strong for 8 weeks now, so I feel like I've got the routine down. I have created my own diet. I make my own food, I watch my own portion sizes, and I eat exactly how I want to eat for the rest of my life. Every calorie counts for me. I have a food journal and I count every calorie. Seems like a lot of work? It helps me to know I'm not over doing it. I've been such an emotional eater for so long, I have no idea how to eat properly. I'm learning. I'll go into more detail about what I'm doing later on. I am so excited to hear about what you are doing and what is working or isn't working. I'm new at this so I'm excited to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment